It’s hard to believe I’m writing an article about what I’ve learned in 25 years of marriage; just saying 25 years of marriage sounds crazy to me!
Trust me, I never knew that night I met Randy in a hot tub that one day we’d share a beautiful daughter, Alex, travel, move, and ride the crazy waves of life as we have together.
Now, I’m not the sentimental type, so I won’t get too gushy here, so I thought I’d share 7 lessons learned from 25 years of marriage – the good, the bad and the ugly – because that’s marriage in its full glory, right?!
I hope you enjoy!
7 Lessons Learned from 25 Years of Marriage
1. Have a sense of humor; life is literally too short to take things too seriously.
2. Have a husband/partner who is a great cook. It’s hard to stay mad at someone who just made you dinner!
3. Don’t go to bed mad at each other when there’s Ambien®!
4. When you’re in the throws of perimenopause, don’t poke the bear (literally + figuratively!).
5. An alcoholic beverage and a good sense of humor can go a long way.
6. Appreciate the other person; even if they’re driving you crazy.
7. Learn to accept the other person for who they are + how you complement each other because of that.
Cheers to 25 years of lessons learned and the people we are now because of everything we’ve endured.
I’ll raise my favorite glass of red wine to that!