Have you accidentally nicked yourself with a razor while shaving? If your head is nodding up and down right now you’re definitely not the only one in agreement; we’ve all been there. And most of us have just accepted that is part of being a woman — razor rash and all.
Thankfully, we’ve come a long way since the invention of razors and today we are talking about one of the best creations out there for shaving: Laser Hair Removal.
If you haven’t heard of Laser Hair Removal please allow us to help you get acquainted in this article. If you have, stay with us as we go deep with your lowdown on lasers and stick around for our October Specials that may be just right for your laser needs!
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
A laser is used to beam a highly concentrated light into your hair follicles. From there, the pigment that is found in your hair follicles begins to absorb that light and you end up with hair that is then destroyed. Think about the sun and how it is highly attracted to darker colors, especially black; that’s a great way to understand how lasers work with the skin. And don’t worry, lasers can be just as effective on light skin tone as well!
Types of Lasers:
Now that you know there’s a better way to remove unwanted hair than using that old razor, you’re about to find out about all of the laser options out there.
Of course, the main priority for a laser treatment is to destroy the hair follicle, but how they go about doing that can differ from laser to laser. Here’s a brief rundown on what lasers are out there and what you should know about your options:
- Nd: YAG Laser — (AKA:: Cutera CoolGlide, Cynosure Elite, Candela GentleYAG)
- Alexandrite Laser — (AKA: Candela GentleLase, Cynosure Apogee, EpiTouch Plus)
- Diode Laser — (AKA: Diolaze by InMode, LightSheer, SLP 1000, LaserLite, SopranoXL)
- Ruby Laser — (AKA: Palomar E2000, RubyStar)
Each of these lasers works with different skin tones and wavelengths to get the desired treatment for each individual. Between our SKIN and Renew offices we have you covered with the Cutera Laser Genesis and the Diolaze to suit all of your laser hair removal needs.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal:
Besides the fact that your investment in razors may greatly decrease, here are some more benefits that could help in deciding if this treatment is right for you:
- Targeted Treatment: the lasers can target the area of unwanted hair while leaving the skin surrounding it undamaged.
- Pace: many hairs can be treated at one time during the process (an area the size of a quarter may be treated every second).
- Downtime: little to no downtime and this treatment can be done during your lunch hour.
- Long-term Savings: forget buying shaving cream, depilatories and those razors in bulk! Not to mention the confidence you’ll have when you can rock your swimsuit without any bumps or redness around that bikini line.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Does it hurt?
Some say it feels like the flick of a rubber-band, others could argue that their pain level was less than or more than that. Each person is different, so it’s always hard to say how it will feel for you. You can get a test area done to see if the procedure is right for you. A numbing cream can also be used for your comfort. Please speak to a highly qualified skin care professional about this.
Will My Hair Grow Back?
Because every body is so unique, hair growth cycles differ from person to person and can vary depending on the area being treated. Clients can experience a reduction in hair after a few treatments, as well as a growth pattern that is slower.
How many sessions will it take?
Typically, 6-8 laser hair removal sessions are required so you may experience the maximum benefit of hair reduction. Please keep in mind that depending on the area of the body being treated, hormones, the thickness of hair, skin color and health conditions all play a role in your individual treatment plan.
Laser Hair Removal: http://www.webmd.com/beauty/laser-hair-removal#1
With any ZO® purchase of $250 or more. *While supplies last*
to that embarrassing lady-stache!
To Pumpkin Spice Season!
Renew (719-423-0083) today!