This week Dr. Elijah and the SKIN Team share some very important information for those who are currently pregnant or considering pregnancy in the future. ZO offers a wide variety of skincare products that are safe during pregnancy and nursing. We recommend that everyone should speak with their OB/GYN prior to using any product before making any health decisions during pregnancy.
What about caring for your SKIN after pregnancy?
The SKIN Team is available to create a customized Mommy Skin Rescue Package which can be used all year round during pregnancy/nursing or if you are planning on becoming pregnant. If your skin gets acne, we can add on products to help, such as Glycogent and our popular Sulfur Masque. Dr. Elijah and the SKIN Team can also offer a Mommy Skin Rescue Treatment Facial utilizing our professional skincare products.
Here is the full list and recommendations and what to avoid:
- Salicylic Acid
- Vitamin A (isotretinoin, tretinoin, retinoid acid, retinol - all concentrations)
Allowable products with Category N Ingredients:
- Foamacleanse - All Skin Types
- Normacleanse - Dry Skin
- Hydrating Cleanser - Normal to Dry Skin
- Balatone - All Skin Types
- Exfoliating Polish - All Skin Types
- C-Bright - All Skin Types (besides acne)
- Brightalive All Skin Types
- Oclipse Sunscreens (All ZO Sunscreens)- All Skin Types
- Liprebuild - All Skin Types
- Glycogent - All Skin Types (great for acne)
- Sulfur Masque - oily and acne
- Revitatrol - dry, dehydrated skin as well as any compromised skin (eczema, psoriasis, atopic derm, rosacea, etc)
- Lash Enhancing Serum - All Skin Types
- Aloe Hydra Masque - All Skin Types
Mommy Skin Rescue Package
- Cleanser (Foama or Norma)
- Exfoliating Polish
- C-Bright (if no acne)
- Glycogent (if there is acne)
- Any SPF
To learn more about what SKINcare products are best for you during pregnancy or nursing, contact Dr. Elijah and the SKIN Team today to set up your personal SKIN consultation at TEL 719.553.2201.
Get Comfortable in Your Own SKIN
Rochelle Elijah, MD